Saturday, August 11, 2007

Village of Hawk Run Hollow SAL?

I am going to take Beatrice's suggestion and try to start an SAL. I know there are a few people out there who are working on the Village of Hawk Run Hollow. If there already IS a "Village" SAL, then may I please join it?

Well, I was trying to find people in my area to form a stitching group. I was so excited that I found two people from my area and proceeded to write them. Well, I have since realized that they aren't stitching blogs at all. They appear to be more family and children oriented. They haven't responded, but they probably think I am a crazy, so I may not ever hear from them! Sigh!

School is starting back anyway so I won't have as much time to stitch. We can go tomorrow and see the new building inside. Then we can start moving in Monday. Tuesday is the first official day for teachers, and the kids come the 20th. I am kind of excited about going back, I took a great class this summer and I can't wait to try out the new methods I learned. I am not, however, looking forward to the overwhelming task of unpacking 18 years of music, equipment, and props etc. In fact, I should probably go right now and rest up!

Jane

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Village of Hawk Run Hollow SAL, count me in. I just got the silk to do block 1. Still waiting on fabric.

Wish we lived in the same area. I would help you put together a stitch group. I am in 2 and enjoy it tremendously.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lot to unpack. Of course, you are resting up while stitching / knitting.. right?!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried putting up notices at your local Post Office, Library, & Grocery Store? I hope you are able to get a group going... they can be lots of fun :)

Mindi said...

There's quite a group of us doing a Villiag/Town of Hawk Run Hollow over on the HDF forums. The official start is September, but some people are a bit ahead, some are using this as a chance to start working on a slightly forgotten project. Very loose, lots of fun and encouragement. Come join us!
http://www.hand-dyedfibers.com/oscnuked/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=23

Marie said...

Jane,
check out the SAL starting 9/1 at
http://www.hand-dyedfibers.com/oscnuked/modules.php?name=Forums
I think that I may participate, along with Kathy, but need to get the materials.