Friday, March 28, 2008

A Wonderful Spring Break Week

What a wonderful week! I got to spend three whole days with my precious grand- daughter. It was so difficult to leave her this morning.
I am going to post a picture but I am going to explain it first. Blaine was born with her feet turned inward and has been through three weeks with casts. They were so blessed to get in with the Shriners in Lexington, KY. This Monday when they went, the doctors put her in shoes that are bolted to a bar. She has adapted fairly well, as she did to the casts. The picture below is so funny - she looks like a wild snow boarder!



The next one is a pic from Easter. She is trying to get the bunny in her mouth, which she does with everything!




So... while in Louisville I looked up some stitching stores. I got to go to two of them One was all knitting - beautiful yarns. I didn't have much time so my plan was to go back this morning on my way home. But they weren't open yet, so I decided to drive through Shelbyville. I found a shop there that had cross-stitch and needlepoint. It was in a very old house and the owner was a former school teacher. [It was interesting to learn that she does very well, and says it is because she is so far from a Michael's. She also does a good business from traveling stitchers who look up shops in places they are going to be traveling near.] I wish I could have spent more time in Shelbyville. It is a quaint little town with Main Street separated by a block of stores and each part of the street is one way. There were lots of neat looking stores, antique shops and clothing stores and a second hand children's clothing store that I would have loved to explore. But with a six hour drive ahead of me, I only visited the needlework shop. I did buy one pattern for a needlepoint Christmas tree that is worked on red canvas. Interesting, I'll post a pic later.

So...my Spring Break has been wonderful! I feel refreshed [definitely not rested, but I'll do that tomorrow] and ready to go back to school and put that Dinner Theatre together.

I missed reading my usual blogs and am going to do that right now.
Happy Stitching!
Jane

7 comments:

Ranae said...

The little snow boarder is so cute, very fashionable, lol.
My son had to wear a special show in one foot because it turned in. We have photos just like the next one with Brianna (now 8 months) trying to eat everything.
Glad you had a nice spring break.

Nancy said...

Just wanted to say thank you for visiting my blog and the nice compliment on my stitching! I can't believe you live in Greer - I am in Spartanburg!

Happy stitching!

Stitchingranny said...

Shes a real cutie, grandchildren are just the best things ever invented.

DaisyGirl said...

She does look like a snowboarder! Cute as a button! My spring break is next week! I need it!
Donna

Marie said...

Both my boys sonowboard and she really does look like one, so ADORABLE! How very hard it must be to leave. :(
It is always great find to find new shops!

Wanda said...

Your grandbaby is looking precious, congrats on lovely Spring Break!!

Sonda said...

What a cutie! My brother had to wear that contraption as a baby...25 years ago! I think his feet did what they were supposed to!