Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today I went to the Bernina store to buy smocking plates and patterns for clothes for EB. Of course I want to make every single one I see. [Kind of like choosing cross-stitch patterns and knitting yarns ] When Jeni was little, I smocked and appliqued clothes for her. I still have all of the dresses and EB will be able to wear them. However, I didn't start smocking until Jeni was three, so all of her little dresses, and all of my patterns, are sizes 3 thru 6. We bought several plates and a couple of patterns. The first thing I am going to make is a design of pumpkins that she can wear all fall and then I found a beautiful Christmas pattern for a dress.

I am making a quilt for EB from the left over materials from the dresses and clothes I made for Jeni when she was little. I have already cut the appliqued outfits into blocks for the quilt. I also traced her hand when she was four and embroidered it and had her write her name and embroidered that. I need to get busy on it - they could hang it on her wall or actually use it on the bed.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: