Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm back

Well, I am back. I had decided to give up on this blog thing, and lo and behold Lyda has inspired me to keep at it. I have fooled around and not put any pictures on but I am determined to learn how to do this.

I am currently working on a several things. The first is cross-stitch : Museum Celle Sampler 1926. I bought the pattern so many years ago at the Counting House at Pawley's Island. [I've been told that they first introduced cross-stitch in America in the late 60's or early 70's.] It is all in one color, so I work on the first half-cross when I am at home and can concentrate on counting. Then I cross them when I am out and about. I got a lot done when I flew to Minneapolis to see my son. I'll try for a picture when I finish writing.

Secondly - I am knitting a baby blanket for none other than MY FIRST GRANDCHILD!!!!! YAY!!!! I went out and bought the yarn as soon as I hung up the phone from hearing that my Jeni was expecting. It's a pretty pattern that I got online. It looks sort of 'cable-y' but is sooo easy.

Thirdly - a Halloween pattern. The truth is, I am ALWAYS working on a Halloween pattern. [I L-O-V-E Halloween decorations.] This is a Prairie Schooler Pattern, Pumpkin Patch.
Okay, so I am going to work on the pictures and see what happens.
Thanks Lyda, I read your blog daily and yaw'll always make me smile.

Jane

No comments: