Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Hey
Happy Fourth !


I have planned to have a quiet day. I thought I would have a lot of those during the summer, lots of time for stitching and knitting and quilting, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I have been cleaning out and THROWING AWAY. My goal is to have in this house only what I need and to know exactly where everything is. Crafty people tend to be pack rats, so, being a crafter, I have soooooo muuuuuuch stuuuuuuff! My first thing tackled was my 'craft closet'.

I actually built the shelves - oh about 15 years ago - when I was stronger and more industrious. I took everything out and it's hard to believe that all of that stuff fit in that closet. Anyway, I am actually turning loose of stuff, well some stuff. With scrap booking, and painting, and cross-stitching, and sewing, and all of the stuff they require, plus seasonal decorations, AND all of the projects I have bought the stuff for and just not made yet, there's a lot of stuff.
So.....right now all of the stuff is in the music room, the closet is empty, and I am on the computer!


I also got rid of a lot of books. I tend to be a book buyer rather than a library patron, so I had a lot to get rid of. [When I was a library patron, I think I actually built the Greer branch with my fines!] I kept a lot of the black books, sans the covers, to set up my Christmas Village. DD is going to take the discarded ones back with her and sell them for me. [She and hubby will be coming through tomorrow on their way back to Louisville from Hilton Head.]

My mother will be 90 in August, Labor Day weekend actually. I am planning a party and trying to get the whole family together for a surprise party. [The whole family only consists of one living uncle and a bunch of cousins, and my children of course.] Not quite sure yet how I am going to pull that off, but that's my plan.

So, I really rambled on didn't I. Now I am going to - NOT work on the closet - but stitch!!

Keep stitching and smiling!
Jane

BTW I was going for a red, white, and blue look!

No comments: